Dreamscapes Travel & Lifestyle

Winter/Spring 2024

Dreamscapes Travel & Lifestyle Magazine

Issue link: http://read.dreamscapes.ca/i/1515074

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 20 of 71

WINTER/SPRING 2024 DREAMSCAPES 21 way to experience another culture than with a local treat? Rappie Pie is a staple of Acadian cuisine and despite my earlier trips that went Rappie Pie-free, this baked potato and chicken pie was not going to elude me! La Cuisine Robicheau in the Acadian community of Clare was my go-to as I feasted on this iconic dish alongside other seafood delights I selected with the help of other local diners. Yet another dose of that Maritime hospitality that warmed me to my core. The titter of both French and English was music to my ears as my mind, body and soul were filled to the brim—and ready to hit the Evange- line Trail once again. EVANGELINE'S SOUTHERN TERMINUS With rolling hills characteristic of the Evangeline Trail in my rearview, a wide smile overtook me as I rolled into Yarmouth on the western- most shore of Nova Scotia. Main Street is a burst of colour with the iconic houses known as the "painted ladies of Main Street" shining bright as ever. Their warm tones basked in the sunlight. My first stop was at Sip Cafe for a late afternoon java break. Afterward I was off on my last adventure to marvel at the iconic lighthouse named Cape Forchu. As the sun began to set, breathtaking shades enraptured its apple-core-shaped silhouette. The historic land- mark served as a beacon of comfort for fishermen warning them of the rocky shores. As Evangeline is a symbol of warmth for the Acadians, Cape Forchu warms hearts here. It's true these markers have withstood the test of time, but now these local gems are ready for the next crop of road trip- pers to suss out and enjoy. No question—Cape Forchu is the apple of my eye, and the perfect finale to one enchanting road trip around the storied southwestern shores of Nova Scotia. DID YOU KNOW? If you do not want to commit to a full plate of Rappie Pie, you can enjoy a sampler for just $2! DS PHOTOS: TOURISM NOVA SCOTIA/ACORN ART & PHOTOGRAPHY | LINDSAY DAVIES | TOURISM NOVA SCOTIA/PATRICK ROJO | TOURISM NOVA SCOTIA/DAVEY AND SKY (@DAVEYANDSKY)

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Dreamscapes Travel & Lifestyle - Winter/Spring 2024